Time: 30 minutes
- 150g taro
- 75g fresh spinach
- 50g potato
- 50g ghee/butter
- ½tsp whole cumin
- 25g chopped onion
- ⅓tsp ground turmeric
- Seasoning to taste
- 100g Sesame seeds roasted
- 3pc whole egg make a batter
- 500ml vegetable oil fry
Methods of Preparation
- Add potato and taro into a pot with salted water. Bring it to boil until they are very soft, remove from pot & leave aside to cool.
- Peel & crush the potato & taro, transfer to a bowl.
- Chop fresh spinach & add to the bowl.
- Heat the ghee/butter in a wide frying pan, add cumin seed & cook until it turns dark brown. Then add turmeric & onion.
- Sauté onion for a few minutes until brown.
- Add potato, taro & spinach into the pan, mix it well to combine.
- Season it well & transfer to wide bowl to cool.
- Take small portions and shape them into small mini balls, dip in egg mixture then gently roll over sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan at medium
- Fry the sesame crumbled balls for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and first place on a napkin to absorb the excess oil. Serve immediately as snack with any spicy chutney or relish.