- 0.5 kg spinach
- 50 g butter
Method of Preparation
- Remove the steam of spinach and discard them.
- Wash the leaves very carefully in plenty of water, several times if necessary.
- Wilt for 2-3 minutes, taking care not to overcook.
- Place on a tray and allow to cool.
- Plass through a sieve or Moulin, or use a food processor.
- Re-heat in 50 g butter, mix with a kitchen spoon, correct the seasoning and serve.
Try Something Different
- Creamed spinach puree can be made by mixing in 30 ml cream and 60 ml bechamel or natural yogurt before serving. Serve with a border of cream. An addition would be 1 cm triangular-shaped croutons fried in butter.
- Spinach may also be served with toasted pine kernels or finely chopped garlic.
Serving Portion : 2