Sandheko Aalu is a preparation of potato dish which consists of boiled potato, raw tomato, onion, fresh coriander, various Nepali spices & mustard oil. It is tangy, spicy, aromatic & full flavours of Janakpur style. It is one of those humble & comfort dishes which is enjoyed by almost all the Nepalese.
- 2 medium red onion sliced, ring
- 4 medium potato boiled and sliced
- 2 medium tomato sliced
- 1 pcs chopped green chilli
- 4 sprig chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp toasted and ground cumin seed
- 1/2 toasted and ground coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- Salt to taste
- 20ml mustard oil
- 5 ml of lemon juice
Method of Preparation
- Add sliced tomato, onion & chilli in a mixing bowl.
- Use half of all the spices, oil & seasoning to marinate it.
- Mix them gently.
- Add potato, fresh coriander and remaining spices, oil & seasoning.
- Mix them gently again.
- correct seasoning if required. Serve as required.