Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 140g fresh salmon fillet
- 60g goat’s cheese
- 80g cooked & chopped organic beetroot
- 10g chopped spring onion
- 1tsp chopped fresh coriander
- ½tsp chopped green chili
- 1tsp ground mustard or whole grain mustard
- 1tsp toasted fennel seeds
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Seasoning to taste
- Garnish: Fresh coriander cress & Lime wedges
Method of Preparation
- Firstly skin and pin bone the salmon fillets then chop into very small pieces.
- Make small individual balls of goat’s cheese with your hand.
- In a separate bowl, mix gently the chopped salmon, beetroot, spring onions, green chili & coriander.
- Then add mustard, fennel, seasoning, lime juice & oil.
- Mix it well with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer tartare to a clean bowl & cover with cling film. Leave in the fridge until needed.
- Remove the salmon tartare from the fridge & place it onto 4 plates.
- Decorate with goat’s cheese, coriander cress & lime wedges.
- Serve immediately as a starter.