- 350g grated soybean tofu
- 250g cooked and grated potato
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilli
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 50g chopped red onion
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 50g chickpea flour
- 50g chopped tomato
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 50ml frying oil
Method of Preparation
1. Add all prepared ingredients into a large bowl except for the oil and half of the chickpeas flour.
2. Mix well to combine all spices. Do not over mix.
3. Add a little bit of water in your palm and make individual round, thick and flat shape using the palm.
4. Coat all prepared tofu and potato chop/cake/Tikki with the rest of chickpeas flour.
5. Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of oil.
6. Place prepared chap on the pan and fry it on medium to high heat for about 1- 2 mins.
7. Gently flip it and fry the other side until brown and crisp.
8. Remove from pan and transfer to a paper towel to absorb the oil from the chop.
9. Serve immediately with any fresh salad and chutney.