Pesto is a sauce for pasta, but it is also super as a sauce for meat, fish, chicken, and vegetables. Spread pesto onto grilled salmon or balsamic chicken, or thin it out a bit with some olive oil so you can spoon it on top. Pesto, although substantial to stand on its own, can be successfully combined with other ingredients to either enhance the flavors of a dish or make a standout salad dressing. A quick, easy, and delicious fresh basil, pesto sauce.
- 4 bunches of fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Method of preparation
- Put the basil leaves, garlic, salt, and pine nuts into the food processor and make a smooth paste.
- Place in a bowl, mix in the cheese and sufficient olive oil to make a sauce-like consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
Serving Portion : 4
Note: Pesto is a green sauce used in some pasta dishes, salads, and fish dishes.