- 25 gm butter/oil
- 50 gm chopped onion
- 50 gm chopped carrot
- 50 gm chopped celery
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 5 gm pepper powder/mignonette
- 250 ml demi-glace or reduced stock
- 25 ml cream
Method of Preparation
- Melt the butter or heat the oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the vegetables and herbs and allow to brown.
- Pour off the fat.
- Add the wine, vinegar, and pepper.
- Reduce the half. Add the demi-glace and cream.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Correct the seasoning.
Mignonette pepper is coarsely ground black pepper.
The softer green or pink peppercorns may be used instead.
Usually served with joints or cuts of venison.
Healthy Eating Tips
- Use an unsaturated oil ( sunflower or vegetable). lightly oil the pan.
- Skim the fat from the finished dish.
- Season with the minimum amount of salt.
Serving people; 4