Mini Chatamari: Mini chatamari stuffed with chaakku, chocolate, garnish pustakari crumb, cherries, and lemon gel.
- Preparation time:25 mins
- Cooking time:15 mins
- Assembly time: 10 mins
- Serves:4 pax
Ingredients for chatamari batter:
200g rice flour
25g plain flour (optional)
Ingredients for filling:
50ml soft Chaakku- soften chaakku on low heat you may need to add 1 tsp of milk.
50ml chocolate spread(optional)
20gm Pustakari crumb (grind in blender)
Methods of preparation.
- Add rice flour and plain flour in a wide mixing bowl. Pour water in the bowl slowly; mix it well to make a smooth batter (not too thin or thick).
- Rest it for 30 min.
- Heat a non-stick pan.
- Pour a small ladle of the rice flour batter in the pan and make a small pancake shape.
- Make 3-4 mini chatamari at one time on the pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 mins on medium to high heat.
- Cook one side only and remove from pan.
- Transfer the mini chatamari to tray and leave it cool.
- Mix the rest of the batter properly while making chatamari.
- Make the rest of the mini chatamari in the same way.
- Take 2 mini chatamaris, spread ½ tsp of chocolate or chaakku and sprinkle pustakari crumb on one side of chatamri and stick them each other.
- Assembly same way all mini chatamari.
- Arrange two or three chaakku stuffed mini chatamari on plate.
- Garnish with fresh cherries, lemon gel, and pustakari crumb as you like.
- Serve immediately as a sweet dessert in your home or restaurant.
- Nepali Chaakku is a Nepalese sweet prepared with concentrated sugarcane juice, jaggery and ghee, and cooked until it becomes a solid.
- Nepali pustakari is a Nepalese rustic bite-sized candy made with sugar, milk, peanuts, coconut, and dates.