This recipe for millet soup hits the spot on a cool day and can be a one-pot meal. we often have a soup for breakfast during the cooler month, and this makes and excellent savory breakfast option. It is a thick soup in which you can add meat items as you wish to have.
Ghee – 1/2(half)table spoon
Cumin seed – 1/2(half) tea spoon
Ajwain seed – 1/2(half) tea spoon
Fenugreek seed – 1/2(half) tea spoon
Crushed pepper- 1/2(half) tea spoon
Crushed garlic – 2 cloves
Crushed ginger – 1/2(half) inch piece
Turmeric powder- 1/2(half) tea spoon
Millet flour- 1/2 (half) cup
Water – 1.5 liter
Black salt – to taste
-First take a sauce pan and add ghee, heat with medium low flame
– Crackle the fenugreek seed, Cumin seed, Ajwain seed, Crushed pepper let it become dark brown in colour
– Add crushed Garlic and ginger stir for few seconds till golden brown in colour
– At the same time take a bowl and pour the water and millet flour mixed till no lumps in it
– Then pour the mixture in to the pan
– Now stir continuously with spatula or ladle and add turmeric powder
– Add salt as your taste then bring it the boiled till thick consistency around to 6-7 minutes.
- You can add chicken stock for better taste.
- For added protein, add white beans and chick peas, or add diced chicken or any meat as you love for meat eaters.
CHEF RABI HASTICHYO THULUNG