Meatball is one of the classic delicacies of Italian cuisine. The combination of different herbs & spices binding with minced meat either beef, buff or lamb can exceed the deliciousness of the dish. With a slight twist, Chef Amir have used veal bone marrow as base of meatball.
- Tomato Sauce – 60ml
- Vegetable Stock – 40ml
- Onion Chop finely -1/2 pc
- Minced meat – 100gms
- Salt & pepper – To taste
- Parsley Chop – 20gms
- Bread crumb – 50gms
- Garlic clove – 3nos
- Red chilli – 1pc
- Veal Bone marrow – 1pc
- Full fat milk – 30ml ( But adjust while pouring)
- Egg – 1no
- Parmesan Cheese – 30gms
- Any bread – 2slices (Discard the outer layer)
Meatball mixture ingredients:
- Minced meat
- Salt & pepper
- Parsley Chop
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Bread slices
- Full fat milk
For Veal bone marrow:
- Cook bone marrow in oven for 170° for 3-4 minutes if chilled.
- After cooked put herb crust on top and cook for 2 more minutes.
For Puff Dough:
- 120gms fine all-purpose flour
- 30ml water and can be adjusted to the ratio.
- Salt to taste
- Use baking soda 1/4tsp
Hints: You can add stocks again if you think the sauce is getting thicker. Just to balance & don’t forget to check the seasoning as well. You can also add fresh fennel chop finely inside the tomato sauce when you sauté first, it elevates the taste and flavour more fragrant.
Method of Preparation
- First, gather all the required tools such as pan, tong, duster, small pots, spoons, etc. along with the mentioned recipe’s ingredients.
- Set your stocks ready on simmering flame (vegetable & tomato sauce).
- First make a mixture of meatball with above-mentioned recipe.
- Secondly make a crust mixture with bread crumbs, parsley, chop garlic & parmesan cheese grated.
- Thirdly, prepare spiced tomato sauce with chop onion, garlic, red chilli, tomato sauce and vegetable stock as above mentioned recipe.
- When you finish the mixture of meatballs then separate the portions that require cooking in a ball shape.
- After that sauté onion and garlic on a small pot.
- Add red chilli and sauté again. Add the tomato sauce and stock, and then stir.
- Season to taste then add your portioned meatballs inside, cook in low heat at least 15-20minutes.
- Plating on top of bone marrow and dripping of sauce, topped with puff dough.
(Make sure don’t overcook bone marrow as it melts when you overcook it and burns so just cook exactly and add crust on top bake for 1-2 minutes. Similarly, don’t overcook meatball for too long because it might become tough and dry.)
Recipe By : Chef Amir Thapa