An Easy and simple home recipe for lunch and dinner.
- 50ml oil
- 2 bay leaves
- ½tsp whole cumin
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 250g chopped onion
- 150g chopped tomatoes1 bunch chopped chives/ spring shallots
- 400g diced potatoes
- 400g fresh roughly cut broadbean
- 500ml warm water
Method of Preparation
- Pour 50 ml of any oil on a frying pan on medium to high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add ½tsp whole cumin then 2 bay leaves. Cook until it turns dark in color.
- Add chopped onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ground turmeric and stir well. Add ginger and garlic paste.
- Add freshly cut potato and fry it for 5 minutes. Add broad beans, mix well.
- Add the remaining spices and salt into the pan.
- Stir and fry for 30 seconds and add chopped Then, sprinkle half of the spring shallots.
- Pour 500ml warm into pan and mix, let it boil in slow heat about 10-15 minutes with
- lid on.
- Uncover the lid and stir it and check the tenderness and texture of the potatoes, it should be thick saucy.
- Check salt and spices, if more needed, add as you require.
- Lastly, sprinkle some spring shallots or chives.