Kachilla is the Nepalese way steak tartare is made with freshly chopped buffalo or lamb meat and Himalayan spices.
- 600 gm raw tender buffalo/lamb meat
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon shallot/red onion
- 200 ml mustard/olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
Method of Preparation
- Chop fresh tender buffalo or lamb meat very finely and put into a mixing bowl.
- Add ginger, garlic, coriander, ground chili, cumin, salt, shallot/red onion, green chilies, and half of the oil into the meat and mix it well.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan, add fenugreek seeds and cook until dark brown.
- Add ground turmeric into the heated oil and immediately pour over the meat mixture.
- Mix well until all the spices are combined.
- Transfer to a clean bowl, Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating
- Serve with beaten rice or puff rice or any green salads.