I love using every part of the animal from nose to tail. They make delicacy from each part. That’s why I always say that Newari Kitchen is the ultimate kitchen of Nepal Heritage Cuisine.
Normally Kachila made with fresh raw meat of water buffalo, the meat is chopped and combined with garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli, turmeric, and green chilli salt, and sputtering in fenugreek seeds in smoking hot mustard oil and Red chilli dry.
- 800 gm – Chopped fresh spring lamb
- 7.5 gm / 3 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 gm / 1 tsp Red chilli Powder
- 2 gm / 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 18 gm / 2 inch Ginger fine Chopped
- 24 gm / 4 cloves Garlic fine Chopped
- 6 / 1 each gm Green Chilli Chopped
- 16 gm / 1 spring Chopped Spring Onion
- 8 gm / 4 spring Chopped fresh Coriander Leaves
Mix the all ingredients and keep on side
- 8 gm / 2 tsp – Fenugreek seed
- 45 ml / 3tbls – Pure mustard oil
- 12gm / 2 Red dry Red chilli
- 15 gm Salt or to Taste
Method of Preparation
- Heat oil until a smoking point, add fenugreek seed till it changes black in colour then add dry red Chilli.
- And take it off from fire the add turmeric powder in while so that it doesn’t change colour still cooked and pour over mixed chopped meat.
Garnish – Focaccia Toast Bread, Egg yolk, Water Cress, Pickled Radish and Lime Wedges
Again this is my way you can have own it own or side of Beaten rice. I don’t make the rule in my culinary journey so enjoy your way.