- 800 gm of duck breasts
- 2 tbsp of oilve oil
- 300 g of cherries / 1 can cherry pie filling
- 4 tbsp of rapsberry vinegar
- 4 tbsp of bramble jelly or redcurrant jelly
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh chopped parsley
Methods of Preparation
- Seasoned and shallow fry the duck breasts in the olive oil, skin sie down, and finish in the oven at 200C if required.
- Meanwhile, place the cherries, vinegar and jelly in a pan and heat gently until the jelly has melted. Simmer and remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 tspn of olive oil for 4 portions.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Pour in the pie filling, Cognac, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring gently, until sauce is hot and duck is medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Cook longer, if desired.
- Carve the breast into slices and serve on top of the sauce with a garnish of delicate vegetables, e.g button mushrooms, baby carrots, or asparagus.
Serving Portion : 4