- 1 kg chicken
- 50 g ghee, butter or oil
- 50 g chopped onion
- 20 g of chopped garlic
- 25 g of chopped ginger
- 20 g of chopped green chilly
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 250 g of chopped spinach
- 200 g of tomatoes
- 250 ml of chicken stock
Method of Preparation
- Gently fry the chicken in the fat till golden browned.
- Remove the chicken : fry the onion and garlic until lightly browned. Add the spices and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, add the tomatoes and season. Add the chicken pieces.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to boil.
- Cover with lid and cook in a moderate heat or until the chicken is tender. Stir occasionally, adding more stock if necessary.
- Serve in a suitable dish with rice, chapatis, and dhal.
Serving Portion ; 4
Healthy Eating tips
- Skin the chicken and fry in a small amount of unsaturated oil.
- Skim excess fat from the finished dish.
- Serve with plenty of rice, dhal, chapatis and a vegetable dish