- 375 gm broccoli, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 500 gm boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into ½ inch cubes
- 60 ml low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon sherry
- 2 table spoons cashews
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot pepper sauce for serving (optional)
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, vinegar, and ½teaspoon of the corn starch. Season with salt and pepper and add the chicken.
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, oyster sauce, sherry, the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and the remaining ½ teaspoon cornstarch. set aside.
- Warm a wok or a large, nonstick frying pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the chicken and all of its marinade and toss and stir until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook just until the aromatics are soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the oyster sauce mixture and let simmer, stirring once or twice, until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews and broccoli and serve right away.
serves 4-6 persons
Stir fries are a perfect weeknight dinner solution, as they cook quickly and are versatile. For a meat that comes together in a minutes, have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go and make sure your pan is very hot before you start cooking.
To check if your pan is hot enough, toss a drop of water into it; if it sizzles, its ready. Serve this dish with steamed rice.