This is an Authentic Newari food made by a Newa family. Chatamari is usually eaten on special occasions and festivals. Nowadays, it is preparing, any time with toppings of minced meat, egg, cheese, and other vegetables.
Preparing time -25 min
Cooking time -25 min
- 200g rice flour
- 25g plain flour (optional)
- 225ml water
- 50 ml oil
- 100 g chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste
- 1/3 tsp ground turmeric
- 250 g minced meat
- 1/3 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
Method of Preparation
1. Heat a frying pan with a splash of oil and fry the chopped onion, ginger, garlic paste for a few minutes.
2. Add minced chicken, turmeric, and the rest of the spices. Cook for 5 mins on medium heat and stir well while cooking.
3. Leave aside to cool it. Drain off any excess juice from the meat. 4. Add rice flour and plain flour in a wide mixing bowl. Pour water in the bowl slowly; mix it well to make smooth batter (not too thin or thick). Rest it for 30 min.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan. Pour one ladle of the rice flour batter in the middle of the frying pan and make a shape of a circle.
6. Spread the prepared chicken mix over the rice pancake.
7. Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
8. Make same way rest of all chatamri
9. Serve immediately with chopped Coriander and any chutney.
10. You can use your choice filling – egg, vegetables, and cheese.