- 500g Black lentil(soaked overnight & removed envelope)
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1tbs salt
- 2tbs ginger paste
- 1tbs garlic paste
- Oil for deep frying
- 500g boiled potatoes (medium dice)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 pcs dry red chili
- 10g chopped Garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 300ml thick yogurt
- 5g fenugreek seed
- 2 spoon mustard oil
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt as required
Method of Preparation
- For batuk soaked the lentils overnight and remove the cover of lentil.
- Blend the lentils with some amount of water to make it easy to blend, mix all the ingredients given for batuk , turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, coriander powder, and water.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour the batuk batter in a piping bag, and release the batter in a hot oil deep fry the batuk till golden brown. Continue the same of remaining batter flip the batuk of both sides and fry well.
- For chukauni curry: Boil potato and cut into a cube size. Add the potatoes onion, yogurt, salt, garlic, cumin powder.
- In a small pan, heat the mustard oil, then add the fenugreek and dry red chili. When the seeds and chili are black, add the turmeric powder and stir. Remove from heat and pour the oil mixture into the bowl with the potatoes and mix it well.
- Season to taste. Garnish with coriander to serve.