A popular Nepali street food snacks Chatpate which is loved by people of all age groups. Made with puffed rice, boiled potato, dry soaked green peas, chopped Radish onion, and green chillis, Lemon Yes we mix Dalmot kind of Bombay snacks even Wai Wai instance Noodles.
I love cold press virgin mustard oil ( we have very famous Mustard mill in Tokha ) or any local. Mustard oil adds a piquant flavor to the dish. Black mustard seeds cold press unrefined mustard oil extracted from the seed of the mustard plant using cold press. The extracted oil is unrefined, organic, and cold press. It has culinary as well as therapeutic uses. If you’re a spicy food lover or if you have chilled beer on the side, then you may add more green chilies as per your taste.
Peanuts add a nice crunch to this snack this recipe, I love it ( but I suggest to avoid if it is for gathering )It is good to have on gathering, picnic, and any time on sunny days or summer.
- 250 gm Puffed Rice, better toasted first for churchly
- 120 / 2 small boiled, peeled, finely chopped potato
- 24 gm / 4 finely chopped green chili
- 30 gm / 2 tablespoon daal moth / Bombay Mix
- 2.5 gm / 1 tsp salt 70 gm
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 80 gm / 1 small finely chopped tomato
- 50gm / 1 small finely chopped cucumber
- 20 gm / 2 teaspoon toasted peanuts
- 40 ml / Juices from 1 lime
- 30 ml / 2 tbs Mustard Oil
- 2.5 / 1ts gm cumin powder
- 2 gm/ 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 gm/ 1tsp chili Powder
- 5 gm / 1 tsp black salt powder
- 10 gm / few springs fresh, finely chopped coriander
- 10 gm / green onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon wedges for Garnish
Preparation of Methods
- Fold everything together serves straight, it is vegan-friendly, that’s the way street food vendor served.
Sukuti Chapate may take,
- 100 gm fine cubes Sukuti ( Spiced Jerkey )
- Toss with 30 ml of vegetable oil in a hot pan
- Fold everything with Ist mixture and serve straight
Enjoy the street food of Nepal on my twist Namaste and Dhandaybad.
Source: Chef Binod Baral